Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas – Cheesy enchiladas stuffed with tender chicken and green chiles. Topped with chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Chili powder (to taste)
- Granulated garlic (to taste)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 can fire roasted green chiles
- 1 small onion, cut into a small dice
- 1 28 ounce can green enchilada sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 – 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese (or your favorite)
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Over the parchment paper, roll out a piece of foil big enough to use as a pouch for the chicken.
- Top the foil with the chicken. Season both sides with chili powder, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Coat each side of the chicken with salsa.
- Wrap the foil around the chicken into a pouch.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until the chicken is at your desired doneness (at least 165 degrees).
- When the chicken is done, remove to a cutting board and pull or chop into bite sized pieces.
- Put the chicken into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the fire roasted green chiles, onion, and approximately 1/2 cup of green enchilada sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chopped cilantro.
- Microwave the corn tortillas about 20 seconds to warm up and make flexible.
- In a casserole dish, spoon some green enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
- Place a tortilla down in the casserole dish and flip to coat it in the sauce.
- Fill the tortilla with a small amount of the chicken mixture. Top with cheese.
- Spoon a little tortilla sauce over the meat.
- Roll the tortilla over the meat and push to one side of the casserole dish. Continue saucing and rolling each tortilla. You may have to add more sauce to the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Once all the enchiladas are rolled, top with a little more enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes until it is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!