Green Chile Chicken Tostadas
Green Chile Chicken Tostadas – Fresh cooked tostadas topped with refried beans, green chile chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole.
- 2 cans refried beans or homemade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 – 5 cups cooked, shredded or chopped chicken
- 1 can fire roasted green chile, 7 ounce size
- Fajita seasoning to taste
- Fresh lime juice as desired
- Canola oil for frying the tortillas
- 10 tortillas (flour, corn, or precooked tostada shells)
- Your favorite toppings: lettuce, tomato, cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado, and cilantro.
- Combine the refried beans and a 2 – 3 tablespoons of water in a saucepan. Heat over medium low heat.
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and fire roasted green chile.
- Stir in the fajita seasoning to taste.
- Saute on low until heated thoroughly. Set aside on a warm burner covered lightly with foil.
- In a cast iron pan, fill with about 1 inch of oil and heat to approximately 350 degrees.
- Prepare a parchment lined sheet pan with a rack to drain the tortillas.
- Fry each tortilla on both sides for a few minutes until hot and crispy.
- Place on the rack to drain. Keep them warm in a low oven.
- Assemble the tostadas by placing a tortilla on a platter. Top with refried beans, green chile chicken and your favorite toppings: tomato, lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream and avocado.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!