Grilled Chicken Breast with Pineapple and Rum Glaze
Grilled Chicken Breast with Pineapple and Rum Glaze – Brining the chicken makes it tender and juicy. It has a basic rub and a Pineapple and Rum Glaze.
- Category: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- 5 – 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or water
- For the rub:
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Wash and trim the chicken breasts. Brine the chicken if desired, pat dry and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium mean, add the butter, brown sugar, pineapple juice, line juice, and dark rum. Stir until it melts and starts to bubble. Lower and simmer until it reduces and thickens. If needed, make a slurry out of the cornstarch and dark rum or water and add to the sauce.
- In a small bowl, make the rub by combining chili powder, sugar, onion powder, granulated garlic, cayenne, and dried cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Brush the brined chicken with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the rub. Grill for 2 minutes and flip, Coat the grilled side with some of the glaze. Flip again and glaze. Cook the chicken to your desired temperature, at least 165 degrees. Remove from the grill onto a plate, tent, and let rest.
- Serve with rice and grilled pineapple. Enjoy!