Grilled Tri-Tip – Tender and juicy Tri-Tip beef. Seared over lump charcoal and then cooked indirect until it is medium rare.
- 1 marinated Tri-Tip Roast
- Granulated garlic (if desired)
- Marinate and season your Tri-Tip as desired.
- Soak some oak wood chunks in water.
- Fire your charcoal grill using lump charcoal. Add the wood chunks. Place the charcoal in the center of the grill.
- Sear the Tri-Tip for 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove the Tri-Tip from the direct heat. Cook indirectly for approximately 15 – 20 minutes until it is 130 degrees for medium rare (or to your desired doneness).
- Remove from the grill to a platter. Tent with foil and allow to rest about 10 minutes.
- Slice the Tri-Tip against the grain.
- Serve and enjoy!