Homemade Blueberry Muffins
Homemade Blueberry Muffins – Sweet and tangy blueberry muffins with a hint of lemon flavor. Hurry and get one because they disappear quickly!
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1/4 cup oil (I use pure olive oil)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 3 standard muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, oil, and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the batter. Do not over mix.
- Add the lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin pan cups using an ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for approximately 25 – 35 minutes depending on your oven. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool.