Homemade Chocolate Pudding
Homemade Chocolate Pudding – Creamy and chocolatey pudding that is easy to make in a double boiler. Serve topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Over a gentle boil in a double boiler, add 2 1/4 cups of the whole milk and the chocolate. Reserve the remaining milk.
- Heat gently until the chocolate is melted.
- In a measuring cup, add remaining 3/4 cup of milk, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt. Stir until it becomes a slurry and the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Remove the chocolate from the double boiler into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the milk mixture to the saucepan. Stir constantly until it comes to a light boil.
- Once it comes to a light boil, cook 1 minute or until thickened.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once it cools, stir it and cover with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic wrap is touching the surface of the pudding so it doesn’t develop a skin.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled
- When it is chilled, remove the plastic wrap. Scoop into a serving bowl.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings.