Homemade Eggnog – Rich and creamy homemade eggnog that is spiked with rum. It is the perfect drink for your holiday gathering!
- 3 pasteurized eggs
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces dark rum, bourbon, cognac, or tequila
- Grated nutmeg for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and sugar. Whip for several minutes with an immersion blender or hand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, whole milk and heavy cream.
- Whip until frothy.
- Add rum and whip until combined.
- Chill for at least an hour up to overnight.
- Pour into glasses. Top with grated nutmeg.