Homemade Enchilada Sauce
Homemade Enchilada Sauce – Fire roasted tomatoes and fresh ground chili powder, this enchilada sauce will take your favorite Mexican dish to another level.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 28 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (Your favorite)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In the jar of your blender, add fire roasted tomatoes, black pepper, chili powder, cumin, flour, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil and blended sauce. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes to reduce a little. Add chicken broth and cook for approximately 10 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and cool. Use as desired in your favorite enchilada recipe.