Homemade Meatballs with a Tangy BBQ Sauce
Homemade Meatballs in a Tangy BBQ Sauce – An easy appetizer for your tailgating or holiday party. Your guests will love his recipe!
- Yield: 30 meatballs 1x
- Cuisine: American
For the sauce:
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons stuffed Spanish olives with pimento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 – 4 tablespoons oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add coffee, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and onion. Stir and cook about 10 minutes. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, egg yolks, olive oil, oregano, black pepper, stuffed olives, parsley, Parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, and bread crumbs. Stir to combine. Form meat into 1 inch meatballs onto a plate.
- In a saute pan or cast iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Cook meatballs until browned and cooked through. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Put toothpicks into each meatball and dip into the sauce. Place on a platter for service.