Homemade Pie Crust
Homemade Pie Crust – Flaky homemade pie crust made in a food processor that can be used for both your sweet and savory pies. Try my Dutch Apple Pie. You will love it!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cube very cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 – 5 tablespoons ice cold water
- In the bowl of a food processor, add flour, salt, and sugar. Put the lid on and give it a quick pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until resembles large crumbs. Add ice cold water 1 tablespoons at a time and pulse until it resembles coarse cornmeal. You want it to be crumbly with pieces of butter and only comes together when your press it. Pulse only as much as necessary because it can toughen the dough.
- Empty the dough on a cutting board lined with plastic wrap. Dump the dough onto the plastic wrap and bring together using the edges of the wrap. The dough should be handled as little as possible. Bring it together into a disk and cover completely. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- When you want to assemble your pie, remove dough from the refrigerator and let warm slightly so you can roll it.