Homemade Popovers – Light, soft, and eggy. True comfort food. Serve for breakfast with your favorite jam or in place of a dinner roll.
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Your favorite jam
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add milk, eggs, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Slowly stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture until batter forms. Batter will be the consistency of heavy cream.
- In each cup of your popover pan, put a small piece of the additional butter.
- Place popover pan into the oven and heat for 2 minutes until pan is hot and butter is melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Fill each popover cup ½ full with batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, reduce oven heat to 300 degrees and bake approximately 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove popovers from the pan onto a rack.
- Serve popovers plain, buttered, or with jam.