Snickerdoodles – Classic soft and chewy cookies that your whole family will love! Great for lunches, snacks, and holidays!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the cinnamon sugar:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well between each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
- With your mixer on low, add flour a little at a time until it is all combined.
- On a plate, combine cinnamon and sugar. Scoop dough into cookie balls with an ice cream scoop. Roll them in your hand to form smooth balls.
- Roll dough balls in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Place well spaced in a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 – 13 minutes or until almost done. The key is to not overcook the cookies because they will continue to cook on the rack.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool.
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.