Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream – Rich and creamy old fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream. This ice cream has chunks of strawberry in every bite!
- 4 cups frozen strawberries, thawed to approximately 3 cups
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- In the bowl of your food processor, add 1/2 of the strawberries (1 1/2 cups).
- Process to a smooth puree.
- In a large bowl, add remaining strawberries. Mash with a potato masher but leave some chunks.
- Add the strawberry puree to the bowl.
- Add sugar, fresh squeezed lemon juice, heavy cream, milk, and salt. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate several hours if using a freezer bowl type ice cream maker. If using a compressor ice cream maker, turn it on and allow it to chill for about 10 to 15 minutes. While it is chilling, keep the ice cream base in the refrigerator.
- Churn in your ice cream maker for about 30 minutes.
- When it is done, it will be soft serve consistency.
- Put the ice cream into a lidded ice cream container. Cover on the surface with plastic wrap before putting the lid on.
- Freeze to your desired consistency.
- Serve in a bowl or on a cone.