Homemade Turkey Meatballs
Homemade Turkey Meatballs – Great for Italian Wedding Soup, Spaghetti and Meatballs, or as an appetizer. These are absolutely delicious!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Penzey’s Fox Point seasoning or your blend
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil and canola for pan frying
- In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, onions, breadcrumbs and eggs. Season to taste with parsley, Penzey’s Fox Point seasoning (or your favorite), and salt & pepper.
- Form meatballs by using meatball or ice cream scoop (meatballs of 1 tablespoon can be formed if needed for Italian wedding soup). In a cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium, heat a small amount of olive and canola oil (a small amount of canola oil will increase the smoking point of the olive oil). Brown meatballs until done if you are not planning on cooking them further or to 75% done if using it in soup.
- Remove meatballs from the skillet and drain on a paper towel lined plate.