Homemade White Sandwich Bread
Homemade White Sandwich Bread – Soft white bread that is perfect for sandwiches or toast. Uses weight and baker’s percentages that is easy to scale up or down.
- 1066 grams bread flour
- 692 grams water (65%)
- 9 grams instant yeast (approximately 3 teaspoons)
- 25 grams sugar (2.3%)
- 37 grams butter (3.5%)
- 21 grams salt (2%)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the water, yeast and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the butter.
- With the mixer on a low speed of 1 or 2, start adding the flour. Halfway through add the salt.
- As the mixer kneads the dough, it will begin to form a ball.
- Allow the mixer to knead the dough at least 6 to 8 minutes until it is smooth.
- Remove the dough to a board.
- Knead briefly to form a smooth dough ball.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. Put the dough ball in the bowl smooth side down. Flip to lightly coat the dough in the oil.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel. Set aside and allow to rise approximately 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- Remove the dough onto a board and deflate. Cut into 2 pieces.
- Flatted each piece into a rectangle the length of your 2 pound loaf pans.
- Roll into a large sausage shape, crimp the bottom and sides to form a loaf. Pan each loaf.
- Cover again with the kitchen towel. Allow to rise about 30 minutes until the dough is just below the top edge of the loaf pan.
- While the dough is rising, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the bread approximately 40 minutes or until golden and hollow sounding when thumped with your finger.
- When the bread is done, remove to a wire rack.
- Allow to fully cool before slicing.