Hot Buttered Egg Noodles with Sausage and Peas
Hot Buttered Egg Noodles with Sausage and Peas – Refrigerator clean out! This dish is not glamorous but it sure tastes good when you are hungry!
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 green onion, cut into medium rings
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 Hillshire Farms Hardwood Smoked Chicken Sausage, cut in pieces on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 pound egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Granulated garlic to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste and for color
- Fill a stockpot full of water and bring to a boil. Add olive oil and salt. Cook egg noodles according to the package directions and just before the al dente stage.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan, Saute the chicken sausage until browned. Remove sausage into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same saute pan, add butter and a little olive oil to bring up the smoking point. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add celery and soften. Add carrots and cook until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 – 2 minutes. Add frozen peas and heat.
- Drain the egg noodles and put into the saute pan with the vegetables. Return the chicken sausage to the pan. Season with granulated garlic, salt & pepper, and paprika. Top with green onion.
- Serve and enjoy!