Hot Dog Chili
Hot Dog Chili – Perfect for game day! This Hot Dog Chili has rich chili taste! It is perfect on a bun with a hot dog because it is just meat and sauce.
- Category: Chili
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 – 2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- In a deep saute, brown the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Remove the meat to a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the pan. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic. Cook 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, and Rotel. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chili powder, Mexican oregano, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Add meat back into the pan and additional broth (if needed).
- Simmer and reduce the liquid.
- If you have too much liquid, add a cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Simmer 20 – 30 minutes until the chili thickens and the flavor develops.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve over a hot dog.