Hot German Potato Salad
Hot German Potato Salad – Flavorful and tangy salad made with tender potato slices dressed with a vinaigrette.
- 8 – 9 medium size russet potatoes
- 1/2 pound of bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Chives, chopped
- Parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a stockpot, add cleaned and scrubbed potatoes. Fill with water to cover.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are a medium tenderness when poked with a fork. Do not overcook or the potatoes will fall apart in the salad.
- Remove the potatoes and allow to cool slightly.
- Carefully peel and slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch pieces. Add the potatoes to a bowl and cover tightly with foil.
- In a large skillet, add the bacon. Saute until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Retail the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add the onions to the skillet. Cook until translucent.
- Add the water, vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes. Add the chives, parsley, and half of the bacon. Stir gently to coat with the sauce. Do not break up the potatoes.
- Serve the potato salad in a serving dish. Garnish with the rest of the bacon.