How to Blanch & Peel Peaches for Pies, Cobblers, & Crisps
How to Blanch & Peel Peaches for Pies, Cobblers, and Crisps – This method of preparing peaches makes peeling quick and simple.
- 8 large peaches
- Heat a stockpot 1/2 full of water. Hold at a simmer.
- Prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Score the bottom of each peach with an X.
- Drop into the simmering water.
- Simmer for about a minute.
- Remove the peaches to the ice water bath. Allow to cool.
- With a paring knife, peel the peaches by grabbing the skin near the X cut that you made on the bottom of the peach.
- Slice in half and remove the pit.
- Slice as needed for your recipe.