How to Dry Herbs In a Food Dehydrator
How to Dry Herbs in a Food Dehydrator – Drying your own herbs is a great way to preserve it for storage. The herbs also make great spice blends.
- 2 – 3 large bunches of parsley
- 2 – 3 large bunches of cilantro
- 2 – 3 large bunches of thyme
- Wash the parsley and cilantro thoroughly.
- Spin dry using a salad spinner.
- Lay the herbs out on a sheet pan lined with paper towel. Blot as much of the moisture off the herbs as possible.
- Load your dehydrator shelves with the herbs. Remove the stems from the parsley and cilantro.
- Set your dehydrator to 95 degrees and the time for 18 hours.
- Allow the herbs to dry. They will be done when they are completely dry and crumbly.
- When the herbs are dried, remove to a platter.
- With the thyme, remove the leaves from the stems.
- Crumble the parsley and cilantro.
- Store each of the herbs in a spice container or mason jar.