How to Make Chili Powder
How to Make Chili Powder – An all-purpose homemade fresh ground chili powder with a kick! The flavor is strong and smokey!
- Category: Spices
- Cuisine: American
- 3 dried Ancho chilis
- 3 dried Arbol chilies
- 3 dried Guajillo chilies
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the cumin seeds.Set aside.
- Remove the stems of all the peppers. Slice the chiles and remove the seeds.
- In the jar of your blender, add the dried chilies, roasted cumin seeds, granulated onion, granulated garlic, Mexican oregano, chipotle powder, and smoked paprika.
- Blend to a fine powder.