How to Make Basic French Crepes
How to Make Basic French Crepes – Thin and eggy crepes that can be topped with a fruit compote or rolled in maple syrup and dusted with powdered sugar.
- 3/4 milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- Sift together the flour and the salt.
- In the jar of a blender, add milk, melted butter, eggs, and the flour and salt mixture.
- Blend until well combined.
- Heat a crepe pan or your favorite frying pan over low heat.
- Brush the pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Pour in approximately 1/4 cup of the batter depending on the size of your pan.
- Tip the pan and roll the batter around to coat the bottom.
- Cook a few minutes until the crepe lifts away from the pan to your desired browning.
- Flip the crepe and cook the other side. The second side will cook faster than the first.
- Remove to a plate and continue to cook the remaining crepes.
- Fill and top the crepes with your favorite filling.