How to Make Easy Poached Eggs
How to Make Easy Poached Eggs – This is my no-fail method for making the perfect poached eggs. Great on toast or for use in Amy’s Eggs Benedict!
- 2 – 4 eggs (as desired)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (optional)
- Chives, chopped
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Heat a sauce pan with 2 inches of water over medium heat until it is at a soft simmer. Do not boil.
- Add white vinegar
- Crack the egg into a small bowl.
- Create a vortex in the water by spinning a spoon.
- Slowly drop in the egg. It will spin around itself so the edges are compact.
- Cook slowly for approximately 3 – 5 minutes until the egg whites are done and the center is still runny (or to your desired doneness).
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Garnish with chopped chives or use in another dish such as Eggs Benedict.