How to Make Perfect Creamy & Fluffy Hummus
How to Make Perfect Creamy & Fluffy Hummus – Transport yourself to the Mediterranean with this smooth and rich dip or spread. Inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi.
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup tahini
- 4 – 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 4 – 5 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Approximately 8 – 12 tablespoons water
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Paprika and chopped parsley for garnish
- In a fine strainer, drain the chickpeas.
- Add the drained chickpeas to the bowl of a large food processor (reserve a few chickpeas for garnish)
- Process to a thick paste.
- While the food processor is running, slowly pour in the tahini.
- Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice, and sea salt.
- Process about 5 minutes until it is creamy and fluffy.
- Remove the lid of the food processor. Cover the hummus with plastic wrap close to the surface. Allow to cool about 15 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Put the food processor lid back on and pulse a few times to whip the hummus.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil. Garnish with reserved chickpeas, paprika, and parsley.