How to Pasteurize Eggs using a Sous Vide Circulator
How to Pasteurize Eggs using a Sous Video Circulator – These eggs can be used for Eggnog, meringue, mayonnaise, hollandaise, or other recipes.
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- Setup your sous vide circulator on a stock pot or cambro storage container.
- Fill the pot with water between the minimum and maximum line on your sous vide circulator.
- Add eggs to a zip top bag. Leave the bag open.
- Slowly lower the zip bag into the water and allow it to float. Keep the opening above the water. Do not allow the water to get into the bag. You can clip it to the side or use a sous vide rack. The bag should not touch the sides or bottom.
- Set the sous vide circulator to 131 degrees.
- Sous vide the eggs for approximately 2 hours.
- During the sous vide process, check the bag to make sure that the water is circulating around the bag. In addition, check the temperature periodically with a Thermapen to ensure that the circulator is operating properly.
- When the eggs are done, remove them and allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator.