Instant Pot Chicken & Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
Instant Pot Chicken & Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo – A one pot dish made in the electric pressure cooker. The sauce is creamy with lots of mushroom flavor.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 jar alfredo sauce
- 2/3 jar water
- 1/2 – 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Prepare chicken breast by rinsing, trimming, and cutting into cutlets (butterfly cut). Season with salt and pepper.
- In an Instant Pot on the saute setting, add 2 tablespoons olive oil into the inner pot.
- When the oil is heated, brown the chicken on each side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons olive oil into the pot.
- Add mushrooms and saute until softened.
- Break the fettuccine pasta into half. Add to the pot.
- Add the Alfredo sauce and 2/3 jar of water using the empty Alfredo sauce container. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken and nestle it into the sauce.
- Put on the lid. Set the cooker to high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Once the cycle ends, allow it to naturally release for at least 5 minutes. Then release the remaining amount of pressure.
- Remove the lid. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Allow it to sit with the lid off for 10 to 15 minutes for the sauce to firm and the noodles to finish cooking. If it is not thicken enough, turn the Instant Pot to saute low and cook until it is the desired consistency.
- Plate and enjoy!