Instant Pot Chicken & Mushroom Orzo
Instant Pot Chicken & Mushroom Orzo – A delicious Instant Pot recipe that is table ready in a flash. Tender chicken and creamy orzo in an easy one pot meal!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 – 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Additional butter or grated cheese (if desired)
- Prep the chicken: trim and butterfly into cutlets.
- In the inner pot of your Instant Pot, add the olive oil and butter. Heat using the saute cycle with the lid off.
- Add the chicken in batches and cook until lightly browned. The chicken will not be fully cooked. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion into the inner pot. Saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms. Saute until slightly softened.
- Add in the fresh thyme. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste).
- Add the orzo. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth. Nestle the chicken into the broth.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the pressure lid. Seal to pressure cook.
- Set the Instant Pot to the Pressure Cook cycle high for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooker is finished, manually release the pressure.
- Remove the lid away from you.
- Stir the orzo and add additional butter or cheese (if desired)
- Serve and enjoy!
Connect with Amy