Instant Pot Green Chile and Cilantro Rice
Instant Pot Green Chile & Cilantro Rice – Perfect side dish to pair with your favorite Tacos, Burritos, or Enchiladas.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 Anaheim chiles, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- Heat olive oil in the inner pot of your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker using the saute cycle.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the Anaheim chiles and saute until softened.
- Add the garlic and saute 1 – 2 minutes.
- Using a strainer, rinse the jasmine rice thoroughly until the the water runs clear.
- Add the rice to the inner pot and saute until it gets fragrant and slightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth and 1/2 of the cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Place the pressure lid on your Instant Pot. Make sure the valve is on sealing.
- Program to the rice setting. Allow to cook until the end of the cycle.
- When the cycle ends, allow to naturally release for at least 10 minutes. If needed, release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the lid. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the rice (to taste).
- Add the remaining cilantro.
- Use a fork to combine and fluff the rice.
- Serve and enjoy!