Instant Pot Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
Instant Pot Herb Roasted Chicken Breast – Pressure cooker tender and juicy chicken breast that is crisped using the air fryer lid.
- 2 bone-in, skin on chicken breast (approximately 2 pounds)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 – 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 – 3 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Trim the chicken breast and spritz with olive oil spray.
- Season chicken (each side) with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and rosemary. Pat so the herbs stick to the chicken.
- In the inner pot of your Instant Pot, add 1 1/2 cups water.
- Put the chicken on a rack and place it into the inner pot.
- Put the inner pot into the cooker. Cover with the pressure lid and adjust the seal to pressurize.
- Set the cooker to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the cycle completes, manually release the pressure. If you are using more than 2 pounds of chicken, allow the cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes first. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your chicken.
- Remove the pressure lid.
- To maximize the crispy texture of the chicken, remove any liquid from the inner pot. You can leave the liquid in if your chicken is close to your target doneness temperature or you want to maximize moisture. I’ve done it both ways with good results.
- Cover the pot with the air fryer lid.
- Air fry the chicken approximately 5 – 10 minutes (flip halfway through the cook). Air fry until the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees (or to your desired doneness) and the chicken is browned.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Cover with foil and allow to rest about 10 minutes.
- Carve and serve.