Instant Pot Penne Pasta with Sausage and Peppers
Instant Pot Penne Pasta with Sausage and Peppers – Easy one pot dish that is ready in about 30 minutes. It is a great weeknight meal!
- 1 pound precooked chicken sausage, sliced (or your favorite)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- Olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Grated Parmesan (if desired)
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute and allow to heat.
- Add olive oil into the inner pot.
- Add the chicken sausage and saute until lightly browned. Removed to a plate and set aside.
- Add diced onion and saute until translucent.
- Add bell pepper. Saute until softened.
- Add garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken sausage back into the pot. Then add diced tomatoes.
- Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Add water. Stir so that the water goes to the bottom of the pot. Bury the noodles in the liquid.
- Put on the lid. Set the cooker on the pressure cycle for 10 minutes.
- When the cycle is finished and the cooker has switched to keep warm, allow it to naturally release for 5 to 8 minutes. Then release the remaining pressure.
- Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.