Instant Pot Spaghetti Dinner
Instant Pot Spaghetti Dinner – Quick and easy pasta dish made from jarred pasta sauce. Ready in an instant using an electric pressure cooker.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- Italian, Penzey’s Tuscan Sunset, or your favorite seasoning blend (to taste)
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 empty jar of pasta sauce filled with water
- Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Heat your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker using the saute function.
- Add olive oil and Italian sausage. Scramble and cook until it is almost done.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until they are softened.
- Using a spoon, remove some of the excess water from the mushrooms.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Break spaghetti in half and add to the pot.
- Add the canned tomatoes and pasta sauce.
- Season with Italian seasoning, Tuscan Sunset, or your favorite.
- Add sugar and water.
- Cover with the lid and adjust the steam vent to seal.
- Set on manual mode. Adjust the time to 8 minutes.
- Allow to cook. When it is finished, allow the cooker to naturally release for at least 5 minutes.
- Manually release the rest of the steam.
- Carefully remove the lid an stir.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (if desired). Enjoy!