Instant Pot Spanish Rice
Instant Pot Spanish Rice – A perfect side dish for your Mexican feast. Fantastic with tacos, burritos, or enchiladas.
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut into moons
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups long grain rice, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans Rotel
- Heat your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker on the saute setting.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add baby carrots and saute until softened. Then add the corn and saute 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Then add the rice and saute until slightly toasted.
- Bloom the spices by adding them to the pot and sauteing until the aroma develops.
- Add the chicken broth and Rotel. Stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the cooker. Adjust the vent to sealing.
- Cook using the rice function (low pressure).
- When it is finished, allow it to naturally release for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Release the rest of the pressure manually and remove the lid.
- Fluff the rice and serve. Enjoy!