Italian Sausage Sandwich with Peppers and Onions
Italian Sausage Sandwich with Peppers and Onions – Grilled sausages with sauteed peppers & onions. Topped with a delicious sauce made from Italian Dressing.
- Category: Sandwiches
- 1 package Italian sausage links
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 – 4 hoagie style rolls
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cook the sausages over medium heat on an outdoor grill or grill pan.
- Cut the red and green bell pepper into strips. Cut onion into half moon slices. In a cast iron or saute pan, cook bell peppers and onions in the olive oil over medium heat until crisp tender.
- Add Italian dressing, Dijon mustard into the onions and peppers. Cook until a sauce forms.
- Toast the hoagie rolls and add mayonnaise if desired. Put the sausage on the bun and top with the onion and bell peppers. Enjoy!