Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup – Classic soup made with homemade turkey meatballs and vegetables. This soup is easy and will warm your soul!
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ pound meatballs, turkey or beef
- 1 cup Orzo pasta
- 8 ounces spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or stockpot over medium.
- Add chopped onion and cook until translucent. Then add carrots and cook until slightly softened. When the carrots are slightly softened, add celery and cook until crisp tender. Add garlic using a garlic press and cook for 1 minute.
- In the pot, add chicken broth. Stir and let come up to a simmer. Add orzo and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Add meatballs and heat through. Stir in spinach and cook down until wilted.
- Serve soup in individual bowls or mugs. Enjoy!