King Ranch Casserole
King Ranch Casserole – Classic cheesy Mexican style chicken casserole that is a family favorite. Layered like a lasagna with corn tortillas.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel (tomatoes with onions and chilies)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 15 corn tortillas
- 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped
- Cheddar cheese as desired
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, approximately 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add green and red bell pepper. Cook until a little softened.
- Add cream soups and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Add can of Rotel. Stir to combine.
- Season with chili powder.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- For the casserole, cut corn tortillas into strips.
- In a 9 x 9 casserole dish, cover the bottom with a little sauce. Then layer the strips of cut corn tortillas and cover with a layer of sauce. Layer with chopped chicken and cheese.
- Continue to layer sauce, corn tortillas, chopped chicken and cheese. You will probably get three layers. Top the final layer with sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut as you would lasagna.
- Serve and enjoy!