Large Batch White Bread Recipe – 4 Loaves
Large Batch White Bread Recipe – 4 Loaves: Soft white bread that is great for sandwiches! Made in a large batch mixer such as an Ankarsrum or a Bosch.
- 4 1/2 cups warm water (no more than 110 degrees)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons SAF Instant Yeast
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 11 to 12 cups bread flour (approximately)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- In the bowl of your Ankarsrum or Bosch stand mixer equipped with the dough hook or roller, add the water.
- Add the yeast and half the sugar. Mix until combined and dissolved.
- Add the butter and the remaining sugar.
- Start putting in the flour. The mixture will get soupy.
- Continue to add flour. When you have about half of the flour in the mixer, add the salt.
- Add flour until the dough comes together and begins to form a dough ball. If you are using the Ankarsrum, you will start getting a doughnut shape as it kneads.
- Continue to knead and add flour until you get a soft, smooth dough ball.
- Once the dough is soft and stretchy, remove to a lightly greased bowl. Cover and let rise until it is doubled in size.
- Once the dough has doubled, remove to a large cutting board that is very lightly oiled.
- Knead the air out of the dough. Continue until it is smooth.
- Cut the dough into 4 loaves (or rolls if desired).
- Shape and pan each loaf.
- Cover each with a tea towel. Allow to rise until doubled in size or just above the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes depending on your oven. The bread is done when it is browned and hollow when tapped.
- If you desire, you can brush the tops of the loaves with softened butter about 5 minutes before it is done.
- Remove the bread to a cooling rack. Allow to fully cool.
- Slice and enjoy!