Mom’s Apple Crisp
Mom’s Apple Crisp – Cinnamon apples with an oatmeal crumb topping. My mom has been making this recipe for almost 20 years. It is simple and delicious!!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples or any type of cooking apples
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Core and slice the apples. Put into a bowl with water and a Take a pan and butter it. Pour apples that you have prepared, cord, sliced. Hold apples in a bowl of water with a little salt or sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- To make the topping, in a mixing bowl add oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix until crumbly.
- Put the apples into the baking dish. Top with the crumbly topping.
- Put it into 375 degree oven 30 – 45 minutes until apples get tender. Let cool.
- Serve on a plate with an ice cream or whipped cream.