Ninja Foodi Candied Yams
Ninja Foodie Candied Yams – Tender sweet potatoes candied with brown sugar, pineapple juice, and butter. Topped with marshmallows.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Rum
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 20 large marshmallows
- In a cake pan that will fit into the Ninja Foodi, add the sweet potatoes.
- Place a steaming rack into the inner pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the inner pot.
- Put the cake pan with the sweet potatoes onto the steaming rack. Make sure that the pan is not higher than the maximum fill line.
- Cover the Foodi with the pressure lid. Close and set the vent to sealing.
- Program the Foodi to the high pressure cycle for 8 minutes.
- When the cycle is done, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Open the cooker away from you to prevent burning. Potatoes should be fork tender.
- Salt the potatoes to taste.
- Scatter the butter on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle the sweet potatoes with brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine pineapple juice and cornstarch. Stir to dissolve to make a slurry.
- Drizzle the slurry over the sweet potatoes.
- Then drizzle the rum over the sweet potatoes.
- Season the potatoes with cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- Cover the Foodi with the Air Fryer lid. Set the cooker to Air Crisp at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Check the potatoes and add additional time if needed. Potatoes should be bubbly and candied.
- Top the marshmallow and air crisp for 4 – 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Remove the pan from the cooker using a lifter clip.
- Serve and enjoy!