Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken – Moist and tender chicken that is cooked using the pressure cooker function. The skin is then made crispy using the air fryer. Recipe is adapted from the Ninja Foodi instruction manual.
- 1 whole chicken
- Penzey’s Fox Point Seasoning (or your favorite blend)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Ms. Dash Seasoning (or your favorite blend)
- Brine the chicken (if desired).
- Rinse and pat the chicken dry (if desired).
- Season the inside of the chicken with Penzey’s Fox Point (or your favorite blend).
- Put the chicken inside the Ninja Foodi Crisper Basket.
- Add the chicken broth into the inner pot of the cooker.
- Season the chicken broth with the seasoning blend.
- Add the chicken in the basket into the inner pot.
- Put the pressure lid on the cooker.
- Set the vent to sealing.
- Set the cooker on high pressure and adjust the time for 22 minutes.
- When the cycle is done cooking and it switches to keep warm, allow it to naturally release for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the pressure lid.
- In a small bowl, mix together a small amount of olive oil and the Ms. Dash Seasoning blend (to taste).
- Brush the chicken with the olive oil mixture.
- Close the air fryer lid.
- Using the air crisp cycle, set the cooker to 400 degrees for 10 minutes. You might need to add extra time to reach your desired crispiness. It usually takes our cooker about 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken. Cook an additional amount of time to crisp the chicken.
- The final temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees (or your desired doneness).
- Remove the chicken and carve.