Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Amy’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – A chewy homemade cookie recipe that is loaded with cinnamon and raisins. This recipe is a family favorite!
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Cream at least 3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Cream until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of the stand mixer and beat until combined.
- Add the oats and beat until combined.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Form cookie dough balls by scooping with a #20 disher or a rounded tablespoon. Roll between your hands to form a ball.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I usually cook 6 at a time on a full-size jelly roll pan.
- Bake for approximately 13 minutes depending on the size of your cookies and your oven variance.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the cookie sheet for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove from the cookie sheet to a cooling rack.