One Pot Chili Mac
One Pot Chili Mac – Homemade version of boxed “Helper” Chili Mac or Chili Macaroni using ground beef or ground turkey. Flavored with chili spices such as chili powder, cumin, and garlic. A quick recipe that you can get on the dinner table fast!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Rotel
- 10 – 15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 cups chicken broth (approximately)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 –2 teaspoons granulated garlic (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni
- In a deep skillet, heat olive oil. Add ground beef or turkey and scramble.
- Brown the meat until it is approximately 80% done.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Drain the meat to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add onion to the skillet and saute until translucent.
- Add green bell pepper and saute until softened.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Return the ground meat to the skillet. Mix to combine.
- Add the Rotel and cherry tomatoes.
- Add chicken broth and stir.
- Add seasonings: chili powder, cumin, and granulated garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dry macaroni and combine.
- Cook until macaroni is al dente, approximately 15 – 18 minutes. Cover halfway through the cook.
- When the pasta is done, cook uncovered a few minutes to reduce the sauce if needed.
- Plate and enjoy!