Orzo Pasta with Mushrooms and Peas
Orzo Pasta with Mushrooms and Peas – Creamy comfort food that is nutty, buttery, and flavorful.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 – 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Penzey’s Sunny Paris or your favorite seasoning blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese if desired
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil and onions.
- Add mushrooms and saute until slightly softened.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Once the vegetables are softened, add the orzo. Saute a little until it smells nutty.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Bring the heat up until it is at a simmer. Cook until the orzo absorbs the liquid and is al dente.
- Add frozen peas. Cook for a few minutes until the peas are heated.
- Add butter, seasoning, and cheese.
- Cook a few minutes to allow it to thicken.
- Remove to a serving platter.
- Plate and serve. Enjoy!