Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts with Red Potatoes and Onions
Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts with Red Potatoes and Onions – One pan roasted chicken and potatoes that is tender and juicy.
- 2 bone-in, skin on chicken breasts
- 2 – 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges and separated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Penzey’s Sunny Paris Seasoning Blend (or your favorite to taste)
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a roasting pan, add potatoes and onions. Spread out evenly on the bottom.
- Drizzle with olive oil and coat the potatoes and onions.
- Season with your favorite seasoning blend, salt, fresh ground pepper (to taste).
- Trim the bone-in, skin on chicken breasts.
- Brush the bottom of the chicken with olive oil. Season with salt, fresh ground black pepper, & your favorite seasoning blend such as Penzey’s Sunny Paris.
- Place the chicken breast side up on top of the potatoes in the roasting pan.
- Brush the breast side of each chicken with olive oil and repeat the seasonings.
- Roast at 400 degrees for approximately an hour until the temperature of the chicken is at least 165 degrees (to your desired doneness).
- When the chicken is done, remove the roasting pan from the oven and place the chicken on a platter. Lightly tent with foil and allow to rest.
- Raise the temperature of the oven to 425 degrees.
- Return the roasting pan with the potatoes and onions to the oven. Roast the potatoes approximately 15 more minutes to crisp them.
- When the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven. Place them on the platter with the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!