Pan Seared Chicken with Broccoli & Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Pan Seared Chicken with Broccoli & Sun Dried Tomato Pasta – Tender and juicy chicken with crisp tender broccoli. Topped with sun dried tomatoes.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Ms. Dash or your favorite seasoning blend
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli
- 5 to 6 sun dried tomatoes
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 3–4 tablespoons butter
- Parmesan cheese as desired
- Trim and butterfly the chicken. Sprinkle all-purpose flour, seasoning, salt, and pepper onto a plate and mix. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron pan or large saute pan.
- In the skillet, pan fry the chicken to your desired doneness. Remove to an oven safe plate. Cover with foil and keep in a warm oven. Cook the pasta to the al dente stage according to the package directions.
- Trim the head of the broccoli into small florets, wash, and set aside. Chop the sun dried tomatoes and set aside. Wipe out the skillet and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 – 3 tablespoons of butter. Add garlic and cook over medium heat until it is a little softened and the oil is flavored. Add crushed red pepper to taste.
- Add chicken broth and the broccoli to the skillet. Cook the broccoli until crisp tender. Add the sun dried tomatoes and the cooked pasta. Stir to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add additional butter or Parmesan cheese and allow to melt into the dish.
- Serve and enjoy!