Pan Seared Ribeye
Pan Seared Ribeye – An easy method for cooking a juicy, tender ribeye steak. The steak is cooked in the oven and then seared off in a cast iron pan. This steak turns out great!
- 2 thick cut ribeye steaks
- Your favorite steak seasoning
- Vegetable oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 – 4 ounces blue cheese (if desired)
- Coat the ribeye steaks lightly with vegetable oil.
- Season with steak seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Put the ribeye on a wire rack over a sheet pan.
- Cook steaks for 20 – 25 minutes until the meat reaches 90 – 95 degrees for medium rare. For medium, cook for 25 – 30 minutes until 100- 105 degrees.
- When the steaks reach the desired temperature, remove from the oven.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add a few tablespoons of oil.
- Bring the skillet just under the smoking point of the oil.
- Sear on the first side to 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes.
- Stack the steaks on each other and sear the sides for a 1/2 minutes each.
- Remove from the oven, tent, and allow to rest.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium. Drain or wipe out the excess grease.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and sliced mushrooms. Cook until soft and the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the shallots, wine, and low sodium chicken broth.
- Stir and reduce to about 1 cup. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and thyme.
- Remove from the heat and stir to combine.
- Add the unsalted butter and stir until melted.
- Add the juices from the ribeye that has collected in the sheet pan.
- Plate the steaks and spoon over the pan sauce with mushrooms
- Top with crumbled blue cheese (if desired).