Pate Brisee Pie Crust
Pate Brisee Pie Crust – A buttery and flaky shortcrust for a tart, quiche, or pie made in a food processor. Perfect for your favorite pie recipe.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 – 6 tablespoons ice water
- Cut the butter into pieces and put in the refrigerator to chill. In the bowl of a food processor, add flour. Pulse until crumbly, being careful not to overwork it. It will be like coarse cornmeal.
- In the flour mixture, add salt and sugar and pulse a few times to combine. Add egg and put the top back on the food processor. Add water by the tablespoon until the dough is moist.
- Remove the dough onto a plastic wrapped lined cutting board. Using the edges of the plastic wrap, bring the dough together as a disk and cover with the plastic wrap. Put the dough into the refrigerator until chilled. Roll and use as desired.