Poached Eggs on Avocado Toast
Poached Eggs on Avocado Toast – A perfectly poached egg, avocado, and tomato on crusty country bread. A great alternative to traditional Scrambled Eggs.
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices country bread, lightly toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced or mashed
- 5 grape tomatoes, sliced
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Your favorite seasoning blend (to taste)
- In a frying or saute pan, add water until it is 1/2 full.
- Heat over medium until the water is lightly simmering.
- Crack in the eggs. Cook until they are soft set. The whites should be cooked but soft and the yolks should be runny. If needed, you can flip the egg over briefly or splash water over the yolk with a spoon.
- When the eggs are done, remove with a skimmer and drain. Blot with a clean towel to remove water.
- On 2 plates, lay two slices of bread on each. Top with avocado. Season with salt & pepper.
- Top each toast with a tomato and a poached egg.
- Pierce the eggs so the yolk runs. Season with salt & pepper or your favorite blend.
Connect with Amy
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.