Potato and Leek Soup
Potato and Leek Soup – A creamy and comforting soup that will warm your soul! Served with the potatoes chunky or Vichyssoise style by pureeing it with an immersion blender.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 6 cups cubed potato
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or almond milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 bay leaves
- Your favorite seasoning blend (I use Penzeys’ Fox Point or Sunny Paris)
- Granulated garlic (to taste)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chives or green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter.
- Add the leeks and cook approximately 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken broth and the milk. Stir to combine.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl filled with about 1/4 cup water to make a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the dutch oven.
- Add the potatoes and season with your favorite seasoning blend, granulated garlic, bay leaves, salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for approximately 30 minutes with the lid cracked open.
- Once the potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened, adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Ladle into your favorite soup bowls.
- Garnish with chives or green onions.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.