Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork – Tender, juicy, and covered with homemade Honey BBQ Sauce. It is absolutely delicious!
- 6 – 7 pound pork butt, trimmed
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 – 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- BBQ rub (to taste)
- 4 sub or hoagie rolls
- For the injection, mix the apple juice, water, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and sugar in a Pyrex cup until dissolved.
- Fill an injector with the marinade. Inject the meat.
- Put the pork butt in a pan and rub with mustard and your favorite BBQ rub.
- Heat your electric pressure cooker using the browning setting.
- Add the meat and brown on each side to develop a crust.
- Cover the pressure cooker with the lid. Adjust the vent to sealing.
- Set the cooker on the pressure setting. Set the time to 60 minutes and start the cooker.
- When the cooker is finished, allow the cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes. Then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the pork into a half pan or large cutting board.
- With a pair of bear claws or two forks, pull the pork.
- Coat the pulled pork with Amy’s Honey BBQ Sauce.
- Serve the pork on your favorite sub rolls.
- Save the remaining juices by refrigerating it. Once it is cooled, remove the fat and strain. This juice can be used as a gravy or as a seasoning for rice.
- Amy’s Homemade Honey BBQ Sauce