Pressure Cooker Burgers
Pressure Cooker Burgers – Juicy burgers cooked in an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Topped with cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- Granulated garlic (to taste)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Romaine lettuce
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add the ground beef.
- Season with granulated garlic, salt & pepper to taste.
- Form the hamburger into 2 half pound patties (or 1/4 pound if desired).
- Wrap patties loosely in foil.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water into the inner pot of your pressure cooker.
- Place steaming basket into the inner pot. Pile burgers into the steaming basket.
- Put the lid on the cooker and lock into place.
- Choose the pressure cook setting for 15 minutes for medium well and 13 minutes for medium rare.
- When the cycle is complete, allow the cooker to naturally release for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the burgers carefully using tongs onto a foil lined sheet pan with a rack.
- Remove the burgers from the foil and place on the rack.
- Turn your oven on to broil with the door ajar.
- Brush the burgers with BBQ sauce.
- Broil for a few minutes to set the sauce.
- Turn off the broiler.
- Top the burgers with cheese and allow them to remain in the oven a minute or so until it melts.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the burgers from the oven.
- Prepare the burgers by spreading on mayonnaise and mustard on the buns.
- Top the buns with the burgers, lettuce, and tomato.